I am writing this From the Editor on my chronologically 66th birthday although my felt age is 36!
I thoroughly love the Zachary Scott quote, “As you grow older, you’ll find that the only things you regret are the things you didn’t do”.
I thought I would take this opportunity to share some words of wisdom through other quotes which I hope you find meaningful too:
• “Always new. Always exciting. Always full of promise. The mornings of our lives, each a personal daily miracle”. Gloria Gaither
• “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” Desmond Tutu
• “Every day of our lives we are on the verge of making those slight changes that would make all the difference.” Mignon McLaughlin
• “Achievement is not about what you’ve done, but what you’ve gained from your experience”. Lynn Hill
• “Sometimes, the best way to make a big difference is adding up lots of small ones.” Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan
• “…will and energy sometime prove greater than either genius or talent or temperament”. Isadora Duncan
• “Never let yesterday use up today”. RichardNelson
• “Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes”. Unknown
• “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you”. B.B. King
This last quote, which is from B.B. King, reinforces the importance of being a lifelong learner. You can add to your knowledge by reading the 18 articles contained in this issue of WORK. I am sure there are topics of interest to you from predictors of employment status among adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder, to burnout and gender-based inequalities among ophthalmologists, to workers’ heat acclimatization and job satisfaction. Perhaps read an article on a topic unfamiliar to you!
The 2017 Learn at WORK webinars are all scheduled. You can see the schedule on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WORKJournal2016/?fref=ts
Here are the February, March and April 2017 Learn at WORK webinars; I hope you will join us:
Thursday, February 23 1-2pmEST. Dr. Lynn Shaw, Bill Chedore, Lynn Cooper, & Mikelle Bryson Campbell will discuss Working and living with persistent pain.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017 1-2pmEST. Katarzyna Stankiewicz will examine Work-Life Balance: Does the Age Matter? Register at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/regist.../8396779365593836291
Thursday, April 20, 2017 1-2pmEST. Dr. Peter Vink, Dr. Conne Mara Bazley & Dr. Suzanne Hiemstra-van Mastrigt will discuss Space, Time, Design: Don’t forget time in environmental design. Register at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/regist.../5499009873520613379
You can listen to Learn at WORK webinars on our Learn at WORK YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOJalCXvSg9fPHaFFs48PuQ
I hope you will subscribe, too.
As always, I welcome hearing from you.
All my best,